Wanaka Nature Encounter
If you only have one day in Wanaka then this is what you must do! This guided nature encounter includes a boat cruise on Lake Wanaka, a guided island nature walk & a leisurely high country 4WD tour.
Begin your day with a cruise on the pristine waters of Lake Wanaka to Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve. A guided walk to the spectacular summit reveals the island’s secret – a lake on top of an island!
Enjoy ‘high tea’ up close and personal with rare native birds, including weka, wood pigeon and bellbird. Plant a tree as part of this unique eco experience.
After lunch in one of Wanaka’s many fine cafés (own expense), discover the secrets of Wanaka’s highcountry with a leisurely 4WD tour of a local sheep station.
- Trip duration: allow 8.5 hours
- Returns: approximately 5.30 pm (lunch 12.30 – 1.30 pm in Wanaka)
- Trips depart at 9.00am
- Requirements: good walking shoes/boots, suitable layers of clothing, waterproof jacket
- Courtesy Wanaka Accommodation pick up and drop off
- Morning and afternoon tea supplied
- Total walking time: 1 hour
- Grade: average fitness
- Season: all year (weather dependent)
- Minimum 2 Adults
- Lunch: in one of Wanaka’s many cafes (at your cost)
Costs to 1st October 2019 to 30th April 2020
- Ex-Wanaka: Adult $494, Child (under 15) $295
- Ex-Queenstown: Adult $730, Child (under 15) $438
Costs from 1st May 2020 to 30th Sept 2020
- Ex-Wanaka: Adult $420, Child (under 15) $285
- Ex-Queenstown: Adult $656, Child (under 15) $428