Wanaka Nature Encounter
If you only have one day in Wanaka then this is what you must do! This guided nature encounter includes a boat cruise on Lake Wanaka, a guided island nature walk & a leisurely high country 4WD tour.
Begin your day with a cruise on the pristine waters of Lake Wanaka to Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve. A guided walk to the spectacular summit reveals the island’s secret – a lake on top of an island!
Enjoy ‘high tea’ up close and personal with rare native birds, including weka, wood pigeon and bellbird. Plant a tree as part of this unique eco experience.
After lunch in one of Wanaka’s many fine cafés (own expense), discover the secrets of Wanaka’s highcountry with a leisurely 4WD tour of a local sheep station.
- Trip duration: allow 8 hours
- Returns: approximately 5.00 pm (lunch 12.30 – 1.30 pm in Wanaka)
- Trips depart at 9.00am
- Requirements: good walking shoes/boots, suitable layers of clothing, waterproof jacket
- Courtesy Wanaka Accommodation pick up and drop off
- Morning and afternoon tea supplied
- Total walking time: 1 hour
- Grade: average fitness
- Season: all year (weather dependent)
- Minimum 2 Adults
- Ex-Wanaka: Adult $390, Child (under 16) $240
- Ex-Queenstown: Adult $520, Child (under 16) $320
- Lunch: in one of Wanaka’s many cafes or take the option to order a picnic lunch $20 per person (must be pre-booked)
- Prices are valid to 30 Sept 2015