Lake Wanaka Cruise & Island Nature Walk
Enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Wanaka followed by a unique nature walk on Mou Waho Island..
Boat cruise to the remote and magical Mou Waho Island nature reserve, which is predator–free and home to the rare flightless Buff Weka (extinct on the mainland since 1920).
A one hour return guided bush walk is included, which takes you up to reveal the island’s secret – a lake right on top of the island! Unique and very photogenic (Optional). Or you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the birdlife at the beach and shelter at the island base with your own morning or afternoon tea.
We have “High Tea” on top of the island overlooking both of these lakes, where you can drink in the vibrant birdsong and the panorama of the Southern Alps spread out before us.
Plant a native tree as part of your eco-experience. This is a unique opportunity to give back to this special island and New Zealand’s environment.
- Trips depart: 9am or 1.30pm from the Jetty next to the Marina, see the Meeting Place Map below
- Trip duration: 3.5 to 4 hours
- Total walking time: 1 hour
- Refreshments: morning or afternoon tea provided
- Requirements: good walking shoes/boots, suitable layers of clothing, waterproof jacket
- Grade: average fitness
- Season: all year
- Minimum: 2 adults
- Ex-Wanaka: Adult $225, Child (under 16) $145
- Prices are valid: 1 October 2016 – 30 September 2017
Click here or on map to download large view on pdf for viewing or printing